- August 9, 2018
- Posted by: jomesili
- Category: Meetings
The JTB held its 139th Meeting from 17th to 19th December, 2017 at Giginya Coral Western Bye-Pass Hotel, Sokoto, Sokoto State. The Theme of the meeting was “Implementation of e-payment Channels for Remittance of Taxes and Blockage of Leakages to enhance revenue generation”.
The Board deliberated on various issues and took the following decisions:
1. All tax authorities are admonished to adopt e-payment channels for tax administration to ensure increased revenue generation.
2. All tax authorities should automate their tax administration system in line with the global best practices and to facilitate the ease of automatic exchange of information among tax authorities and other relevant agencies.
3. The Joint Tax Board is organizing a training sessions for tax officers across the six (6) geo-political zone of Nigeria in preparation for enforcement of non compliance by taxpayers under the VAIDS with effect from 1st April, 2018.
4. All tax authorities and other revenue agencies should ensure continued collaboration in areas of tax administration with emphasis on joint tax audit exercises and exchange of information.
5. The Federal Capital Territory, IRS was formerly admitted as a member of the Board sequel to the passage of the FCT revenue law while the Nigeria Immigration Service was admitted as a co-opted member of the Board.