- January 3, 2019
- Posted by: Dayo Ige
- Category: Meetings
The Theme of the meeting was “Consolidated Credible Database and Exchange of Information – Role of Stakeholders”.
The Board deliberated on various issues and adopted the following resolutions:
- Collective and unified solution to tackle the informal sector should be employed for enhanced IGR collection.
- Effective from 2019 JTB shall publish a quarterly performance report of all the Tax Authorities in the country.
- The Board reiterates the need for State Governments to provide the enabling environment for State Revenue Authorities to perform optimally by granting them full financial and administrative autonomy.
- The Board reemphasized that automation of tax administration is key to enhanced IGR collection of the States and requested all States to ensure the automation of their tax systems.
- The Board shall ensure seamless flow of exchange of information among tax authorities by developing a credible taxpayer database through collaboration and synergy with relevant Tax Authorities aimed at identifying taxpayers across the country.
- The Joint Tax Board will effectively commence the process of issuing a unified emblem/sticker for all utility and operational vehicles across the country once approval is received from the State and Local Governments. The process will consider strategic partnership with both State and Local Governments to ensure optimal success.
- The Board re-emphasizes the need for vehicle owners to replace their old number plates with new ones at the point of renewal of their vehicle particulars; enforcement on the new number plates will be effective January 2020.